Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Background


Hi, on this site you find information about my "midi controlled guitar tube pre amp" project.

Background

I am not satisfied with the guitar amplifiers available. I own a ENGL E580, it is good amp but its clean just canot make me happy, the high gain channels are pretty good. My Fender hotrod deville sounds clean very nice, lots of body. Could this be combined into one amp? I think YES, it just has to...
Here is a list of improvements I want to make with my own tube preamp.

1) A very clean channel for rock and roll and some very high gain channels to play heavy metal.

2) Everything under midi control; no more hassle when playin in two or more bands. Or when the knobs have changes during transport

3) No more hum; I want to use a SMPS supply instead of the 50/60Hz transformer with its annoying magnetic field. The SMPS can be global mains and it can be shielded which is not possible with a transformer.

4) No noisy fan in the amp; just cooling by natural convection.

1 comment: